Juggling all the aspects of my life with some baking, writing and good old fashioned ranting thrown in

Monday 5 March 2012

Entering the world of work

After about two and a half years of being at home with my Little Monster, I have started looking for work again. My hope is to have a two or three of days a week in an administration job of some description with a reasonable wage. Oh who am I kidding? My hope is to win the lottery and stay at home while following my dream of becoming a successful writer. This is unlikely to happen. My more realistic plan will require some kind of childcare. I have no experience whatsoever of organising childcare. Which is probably why I'm blogging rather than making enquiries. 
I'm really not sure how to go about this, to be quite honest. There are some nice nurseries in the area but they quite understandably need to know a while in advance if I'm going to be sending my child to them. But from accepting jobs in the past, my experience is that you only get a few days notice before a job begins. Is anyone going to let me have a few weeks to organise child care before I start work? It seems unlikely. 
It seems that I just have to give this my best shot and hope for the best. Time to stop worrying about everything that could go wrong and start looking...

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain hun, it's horrible when you know 'it's time' x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a strange mix of feeling - excitement, guilt, anxiety, frustration...

    ReplyDelete