Juggling all the aspects of my life with some baking, writing and good old fashioned ranting thrown in

Monday 12 March 2012

The Endless Hunt For Employment

Today I have applied for four more jobs. One immediately told me that I'm unsuitable because I wouldn't be able to attend a training for a week at full time hours. I'm not sure who they think would apply for a part time job yet be able to attend a full time training week. It seems a little silly to me. Another applications has just been responded to basically telling me that I would have to be very flexible with hours. Which, of course, I can't do.

I suppose I must soldier on to find something suitable. In the meantime, I've also started the search for childcare professionals who I can trust to look after my Little Monster. In about an hour, I will be going to view a nursery that is rather handily about a ten minute walk from our home. It looks rather nice from the outside and I've heard some very good recommendations so fingers crossed that it lives up to the hype!

The Little Monster has behaved rather well today, given that she spent the majority of the morning strapped into her pushchair while I rushed about town getting important things done. She even stayed calm and happy when we had to wait in the Post Office for twenty minutes. Of course, a packet of Goodies Cheese Crackers helped to keep the peace. Just after finishing lunch, she disappeared into her bedroom, wearing a nappy, and returned a few minutes later wearing pants and carrying a potty full of wee. "I've done a wee wee in the potty so I'm wearing big girl pants", she stated very seriously and with shockingly good articulation. I told her I was very pleased and that she could keep the pants on until we go back out this afternoon. She smiled, nodded and disappeared back into her bedroom. Its been nearly an hour now and there have been no accidents. Its a small success but a success nonetheless. At least one of us has accomplished something today!

No comments:

Post a Comment